- At least 53% of all people with disabilities in Canada are women.
- The unemployment rate among women with disabilities is up to 75%.
- 8% of women with disabilities live on less than $10,000 per year. Of those, 23% live on less than $5,000 per year.
- Accessible cribs, accessible and affordable childcare and other services for mothers with disabilities are virtually non-existent.
- Women and children with disabilities are twice as likely to be victims of violence than non-disabled women, women and children with multiple disabilities experience even higher rates of violence
- Few rape crisis centres and transition houses are accessible to women with disabilities
Disabled Women’s Network Canada